Tuesday 11 March 2014

Twitter is Down!

At first I thought that this was just something that was happening to me but I don't think so...it's not often you see this:

I mean how depressing?
Especially for me.
I turned to Twitter in my time of fangirl need. Basically because everyone hated me for making so many Facebook statuses about Twilight.
So I like to feel proud of myself when I say I've had Twitter since 2009.
Oh yeah, I've been around a long time.
Which would explain why I got annoyed when everyone started to get Twitter. It was worse when they followed me. Mostly because I knew they would not put up with the tweeting if they didn't like my Facebook statuses...
Like most of the people I go to school with have followed me on Twitter at one point or another, yet unfollowed me when they realised just how much I actually tweet.
It used to offend me but I guess I'm kind of used to it.
It's not like I follow them because I care a lot about what they have to say...like everyone I want to know everyone else's business haha.
Anyway yeah...so I tend to tweet a lot. I actually recently just passed by 28,000th tweet so I feel special.
Although really in light of recent events I think this should be a good thing and that maybe I need to step away from Twitter for a while. I mean I guess I should but it's not something that's easy to do.
I guess you could say I have a bit of an addiction but I don't think it's that bad. I mean I can do daily things without wanting to tweet about it or hashtag things too much...
It's just that when I have nowhere else to go I usually turn to Twitter. I don't even know why, I  guess because for those 140 characters you can learn a lot about people.
In my experience Twitter has not always been a good thing, people use it to indirect tweet and get nasty and it's not as if I'm an exception. I'm just saying...for the most part my experience with Twitter has been great.
Like most social networking sites, it's my own little bubble. A place where I can share my thoughts and other people can also share theirs.
Sometimes I dread to think about what I used to post haha. But really I can see myself using it until the day it runs into the ground although I don't see that happening anytime soon.
It just makes me sad that it's down right now but I guess all websites must go down at one point or another for maintenance.
Except for Google.....they got that shit under control haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment