Monday 10 March 2014

Camp Takota

Because I'm a big watcher of YouTube...I had to watch Camp Takota.
I like Grace Helbig and Hanna Hart, I hadn't heard of Mamrie until the movie...so you know it was a movie I had to see.
I thought it was good, although I haven't seen a lot of movies about camp? I've only seen two and they were both Camp Rock...
Anyway this one didn't have a lot of singing and dancing so that was fine haha.
It's so weird to see YouTubers do something outside of their YouTube thing. Although I'm really glad this didn't turn out like the Fred movie...because you know that was kind of awful... *ahem*
I think that the story had a good tale to it. I mean it's one of those feel good movies and it's also cliche in all the right places.
One thing I really liked was that Sawyer appeared as the "Robert Pattinson" of this world. I mean he totally fits the description and he's amazing and it was really great haha.
Also I really liked how Grace stayed herself, I mean some of the lines were just very Grace. I guess it was weird for me because I only recently started watching her videos and I'm not used to seeing so much of her? That sounds weird but you know what I mean.
And then the whole idea of camp...I mean I don't know. Like because in the UK we don't do the whole summer camp thing I've never experienced anything like it but it seems like it would be cool. Especially if you had YouTubers as councillors haha.
I actually don't have as much to say on this as I thought I would. Haha. I mean you don't really know what to expect when you see that YouTubers have made it big but it's kind of amazing. To think you can start out randomly talking in front of your camera and you can become famous.
I'm so proud of all the YouTubers that make it big. Something about their story seems much more real than anything else. Because you can actually see how hard they work for things. But I don't include Justin Bieber in this..because he doesn't make videos on a weekly/daily basis, he doesn't edit and write scripts. He just sings and well...yeah look where he is now..
Anyway yeah I would be interested to see if Grace, Hanna and Mamrie ever do another movie or something? I mean you never know and it seems like every movie that comes out now has the potential for a sequel. :P
Here's hoping. x

No comments:

Post a Comment