Sunday 2 March 2014

Scary Movies

So I was at my friend's house last night at a sleepover and we decided to watch Mama and The Purge. They are supposed to be scary although not really. And because I am on a roll about talking about things I thought I would give my thoughts on these two movies.
Mama:
Well to be fair every so often this one got interrupted, whether it was us getting food or talking about something that had nothing to do with the movie haha. But either way it wasn't that scary. It was creepy and jumpy but not scary. Like I don't know, I thought there was going to be way worse stuff and honestly I was totally fine through the whole thing.
I am not a scary movie fan, it's not that they scare me it's that I don't see the point. That whole movie genre is lost on me because it's not that fascinating? Basically I have no idea why people like to watch movies about serial killers...even though I am really into the Fall... Moving on...
Basically I didn't really understand what was going on. I mean I did eventually but like...I didn't like it.
It wasn't that creepy. It was kind of like Paranormal Activity in a way.
Also I loved how my friends kept yelling "DON'T DO THAT YOU IDIOT" at the characters. Haha, totally set the mood.
Plus the ending was kind of terrible. Like no one really spoke for the whole last twenty minutes of the movie and it was like...okay...
So Mama takes the kids and jumps off the cliff to live in peace? That's normal. Well actually she only takes the one girl but I guess that was enough?
I don't know, it was kind of awkward how the girl enjoyed being with Mama, although if you'd been with them for so long I guess it would be normal to you. I just think it's plain weird.
Anyway on to the next movie!
The Purge:
Now this one wasn't scary at all. It was more thriller and action. And I enjoyed it more.
Again my friends were yelling that the people were idiots. Which they were, especially the kid, if he had just left things alone it would have been fine. But nope...he felt bad for the guy.
Okay in reality I would have felt bad too but I would not have risked opening up the shutters to save one guy.
And then the boyfriend. Well I knew what he was up to from the start. My friend didn't believe me but I knew the boyfriend was only there to kill the dad. I mean the one night a year you can get away with murder and you wonder why your boyfriend snuck into your house? Yeah, exactly.
I mean her dad was never gonna let her be with him, so the only solution was to kill him - although that didn't work out.
Plus the girl was crazy to get mad at her dad. I mean come on, if someone tried to kill your parents no matter who they were I'd cut them off.
This movie also showed me nothing good comes from having a giant house...not really anyway. Like yes it could save your life but it could also ruin it. Like having this random bleeding dude running through it...
And then you have the polite purger people.
Oh my God.
The Polite Leader was my favourite.
He is so awesome, even though he's a dick and needed to die but you know what, he was great. The way he talked and everything, he didn't even need a mask he just has that face. Plus I was wondering where I knew him from, he was in Home and Away back in the day, my mum watches it and so I knew who he was. I can't believe he's the same person hahaha.
Anyway yeah, these purgers come in, go on a killing spree which doesn't exactly work to their favour. And just as the dad is about to get away with killing half of them, Polite Leader appears and stabs him like BAM.
Can't say I'm surprised.
The thing is...if there are a bunch of killers in your house and you're dying you shouldn't really make it easier for your family to get killed by calling them towards you. I mean yeah okay again that's kind of heartless but let's be real, would you rather all your family die or just you?
And then the neighbours come over and it's like "we can't let those guys kill you, because that's our job."
I mean that was expected from the start. But thank God for the stranger that guy let in at the beginning! You know I'm surprised he stayed alive that long, I thought he would have bled to death or something...
Anyway yeah the purge ends, they all sit awkwardly at the dining table and it's like...yeah...see you guys next year!
Haha.
So in short Mama sucked, but the Purge was good. Although I hope this doesn't actually become American society in the year 2022...I mean...let's just not do that. If anything the movie sends a message that it's not always the best solution.
Hopefully we do work out something to bring peace but let's just not do it this way. Because me and my friends got to talking about who might kill us if that was a real thing...and it wasn't hard to think of at least one person. *ahem*
Anyway yeah, the rest of the night was spent on chat roulette and omegle which was hilarious...hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment