Tuesday 18 February 2014

Sempre Redemption

So the other night I finished reading Sempre Redemption. It's the sequel to Sempre by JM Darhower.
I didn't know about it until last summer when all my Twilight fandom twitters were talking about Sempre and how amazing it was. Which meant I had to get in on it.
So it used to be a Twilight fanfiction, and it was taken down to be published. I am aware this happens often although they don't all make it big like Fifty Shades of Grey.
But this one, this one I liked.
I don't know exactly what it is, I think it's the love story, I mean I'm such a romantic and a sucker for stories like this but it's really interesting.
Especially since it involves the Mafia. I never thought I'd be so interested in a book like that but I am.
Anyway after the ending of the first one I was dying for the sequel. Technically I am late on the pick up of it since it was released around Christmas, but that was because I was in a Fifty Shades daze around that time...
So yes Sempre Redemption.
***spoilers alert*** Basically I'm about to tell you what happens in the story so you have been warned!



I hate to say it but for like the first half of the book I was just waiting for something to happen. I mean Carmine left and so Haven and he led separate lives and it was really dull. I just wanted them to get back together.
I did like how Haven got her freedom though, I mean she deserved it but it so wasn't right without Carmine.
On the other hand Carmine was having a really tough time and I felt bad for him, I mean he joined the mafia to save Carmine but he wasn't happy about it. And then his alcohol and drug addictions didn't help.
It only really got interesting when Carmine was when Carmine was ordered to kill his father, Vincent. I wanted to cry. I was like NO YOU CAN'T.
Of course he didn't but even so...how would you even deal with that?
Fuck that, what about dealing with watching your uncle kill your father? Now that was seriously intense.
There was a shoot out, people got hurt, Vincent was suffering and so his brother put him out of his misery...it was a very big thing to happen and I sort of just sat there in a state of shock after reading it. Like how do you cope with that? And on top of that Carmine had also witnessed his mother being shot. I mean I really feel for this guy.
Luckily Haven and Carmine reunited and I was soooo happy. I knew it was going to happen and I was just waiting and then BAM together again.
I always liked them together, I mean that's the point but you know...the feels and such.
I suck at really explaining how I feel when I read a book but basically Haven and Carmine worked it out and then they get married.
The wedding was so amazing, and I was so happy for them...and so many more feels.
The epilogue of this book kind of reminded me of Fifty Shades, but only because in both the Bella character (renamed for publishing but you know who it is) is pregnant with their second child and they already have a child. Oh and the Edward character makes a great father because, he always does.
It happens and I know that what I choose to read is literally the same story at the core no matter what else is going on I don't care.
Haha.
One thing I was really happy about though was that Carmine was freed. I didn't think he would be allowed to go from the Mafia but he did and it made me the happiest person ever, at like 3 in the morning.
And then there was all this business with Corrado...Carmine's uncle/Vincent's brother. I know the author is coming out with another book focused on Corrado but he's not a favourite of mine. I don't know why considering he's actually a good character but I just don't like him. We just don't go well together.
But yes, I really enjoyed it. Even if it seemed a bit slow to pick up the action although if it only had action it would be boring.
I just don't like when two people are meant to be together and they are separated. But I was okay when Edward left in New Moon because Bella had Jacob...see it didn't go down that way in this book.
Plus in Fifty Shades their break up lasts like a week and so that was totally fine haha.
Anyway yeah...that's what I had to say about this book.
I suck at reviewing things, I just give how I felt during it and not much else...so...yeah.
I have started to read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, it's about a girl that commits suicide and sends these tapes to thirteen people explaining how they caused her to take her life.
So far it's okay, I mean it's an interesting sounding book but I don't know if I've really gotten into it yet. But I shall let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment